Sunday, February 10, 2008

If I Didn't Have Dogs


I could walk around the yard barefoot in safety.


My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated.


All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be free of hair.


When the doorbell rings, it wouldn't sound like a kennel.


When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without wading throughfuzzy bodies who beat me there.


I could sit on the couch and my bed the way I wanted,

without taking into consideration how much space several

fur bodies would need to getcomfortable.


I would have money ...and no guilt to go on a real vacation.


I would not be on a first-name basis with the veterinarian,

as I put his yet unborn grand kids through college.


The most used words in my vocabulary would not be: out, sit, down,

come,no, stay, and leave him/her/it ALONE.


My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates or barriers.


My house would not look like a day care center, toys everywhere.


My pockets would not contain things like poop bags, treats and an extra leash.

I would no longer have to Spell the words B-A-L-L, F-R-I-S-B-E- E,

W-A-L-K, T-R-E-A-T, B-I-K-E, G-O, R-I-D-E.


I would not have as many leaves INSIDE my house as outside.


I would not look strangely at people who think having ONE dog

ties themdown too much.


I'd look forward to spring and the rainy season instead of dreading"mud" season.


I would not have to answer the question "Why do you have so many animals?"

from people who will never have the joy in their lives of knowing they are loved

unconditionally by someone as close to an angel as they will ever get.


How EMPTY my life would be! ~ Author Unknown

No comments: