Sunday, April 12, 2009

'Da Hood Update

I don't think we made the news. If we had, they probably wouldn't have been able to use anything I had to say! Whew, I sure can curse. I'm seriously glad that there was no fire or explosions.

Everything will be fine here eventually. They boarded up the whole in the wall quite nicely. I hope to have the photos our landlord's right hand man took, soon.

We are still without gas, but our stove is electric as is our clothes dryer. The first inspection by the gas company didn't fly. So a plumber & his helper were here almost all day yesterday repiping, and whatnot.

They've supplied us with a small portable electric water heater that has just enough hot water for a 2 short showers. It is so inconvenient, but we will persevere.

The icing on the cake was this morning a couple transformers blew in 'da hood and we were without any power for about three hours. Good lawrd. Our poor "attached" neighbors also have to endure this fiasco.

I could be cynical and say that this world is going to hell in a hand basket, but that's just not the case. It's just this
neighborhood. If they thought I was the crazy dog lady before this happened (the 911 folks know me by my first name), they'd better duck and run, because I have 911 on the speed dial, and five loaded canines at the ready. HA.

No comments: