Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I Broke Down

Well, I did it. I broke down and put two boxes with warm cloths inside in case any of the feral cats around my neighborhood need a place to get out of the weather in the coming nights.

I just can't handle the thought of not doing this. That just a little gesture such as this will help make some poor creature just a little safer, warmer. They hang around the carport anyway, why not show them this favor.

Uncharacteristically I turned a neighbor lady away from my door tonight. She's been catching me off guard lately and asking for cigarettes & money. Although I haven't given her any money, well, because I don't have any to spare, I have given her some smokes.

Tonight she brought over a partial bag of bird seed (I love feeding the wild birds) as a token, I guess. I told her no to the cigarettes, I didn't want the bird seed and to go away. Yea, just like that.

Just needed to confess.

No comments: